How To Make An Envelope Out Of Printer Paper
Creating your own envelopes can add a personal touch to any card or letter you send. It’s a fun and easy DIY project that allows you to customize your envelopes to suit any occasion. In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to make an envelope out of printer paper. Whether you’re sending a birthday card, a love note, or a simple greeting, a handmade envelope will make your message even more special.
Before we dive into the process of making an envelope, let’s gather the materials you’ll need:
- Printer paper (standard size 8.5″ x 11″)
- Tape or Washi Tape for decoration
Follow these simple steps to create your own envelope out of printer paper:
Folding the Paper
Start with a rectangular piece of printer paper. Here’s how you can fold it to form the envelope:
- Fold your bottom right corner up until the whole bottom side of the paper is flush with the left side.
- Trim off the top rectangle piece and open up your paper.
- Take the bottom left-hand corner and bring it to the top right-hand corner, making a triangle. Make a small crease at the bottom of the triangle.
- Fold the other 3 corners to the center.
- Fold the bottom half of the envelope up in half and fold your top flap down.
Now you have successfully folded your paper into an envelope shape. To add a decorative touch, cut Washi Tape strips the same size as the sides of the envelope. Place the Washi Tape strips on the edges of the envelope and fold them over to secure the envelope.
If you prefer a quicker and easier way to make envelopes, you can use an Envelope Punch Board. This tool allows you to create designer envelopes of various sizes without the need for cutting. Simply follow the instructions on the punch board to fold and assemble your envelopes in seconds.
Personalize Your Envelopes
Once you’ve mastered the art of making envelopes, you can get creative with your designs. Experiment with different paper colors, patterns, and decorations to make each envelope unique. Adding a personal touch to your envelopes will show the recipient that you put thought and effort into your message.
1. Can you make an envelope without tape?
Yes, you can make an envelope using the origami method, which doesn’t require tape. However, you may want to use glue or stickers to secure the flap of the envelope.
2. What are the common sizes of envelopes?
Common envelope sizes include standard mailing envelopes (4 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches), greeting card envelopes (5 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches), and manila envelopes for standard printer paper (9 x 12 inches).
3. Can we make a taped envelope with a different size of paper?
Yes, the instructions provided can be adapted for envelopes of different sizes. Simply adjust the dimensions of your paper to suit the desired size of the envelope.
Creating your own envelopes is a fun and rewarding craft that allows you to add a personal touch to your correspondence. Whether you’re sending a special message to a loved one or crafting unique envelopes for a special occasion, making envelopes out of printer paper is a simple and enjoyable DIY project.