Fios TV Remote Controls
This article will guide you on how to program your Fios remote to turn your TV on and off. The Fios TV Voice Remote is designed specifically for Verizon’s latest model Fios TV One and includes features such as finding the remote and a motion-activated light. However, many users have reported issues with programming the remote to work with their TVs. Here are some troubleshooting steps and tips to help you program your Fios remote successfully.
Remote Control Set Up, User Guides, and Codes
When programming your Fios remote with TV devices, it’s essential to use the correct remote codes for your specific TV make and model. Each remote control has different codes, so it’s crucial to download the user guide for complete information about your remote’s setup, TV codes, and programming. You can find the user guides and codes for various Fios TV remote controls on the Verizon website.
Programming the Fios TV Voice Remote
To program your Fios TV Voice Remote to turn your TV on and off, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup.
- Select the TV brand and model and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Press ‘OK’ to confirm the selection.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Many users have encountered issues when trying to program their Fios remote to work with their TVs. Some common problems include the remote not working with certain TV brands or models, especially after a software update. If you’re experiencing difficulties, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Powercycle the Fios box before reprogramming the remote.
- Check if Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is enabled on your TV and try disabling or enabling it.
- Remove the batteries from the remote for 3 minutes, then reinsert them and try again.
- Ensure that the remote has a clear line of sight to the TV.
Additional Tips and Features
Here are some additional tips and features of the Fios TV Voice Remote:
- Find my Fios TV Voice Remote: If you misplace your Fios TV Voice Remote, press the power button on the Fios TV One twice to activate a beeping sound on the remote.
- Motion-activated light: The remote has a sensor that activates the light when it detects motion, making it easier to locate in the dark.
- Wireless Bluetooth connection: The remote connects to the Fios TV One via a wireless Bluetooth connection, allowing it to work even if the Fios TV One is hidden.
- Voice commands: You can use voice commands to control your Fios TV One by pressing and holding the microphone button on the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I find the correct remote codes for my TV?
To find the correct remote codes for your TV, refer to the user guide for your Fios remote control. The user guide contains a list of codes for various TV brands and models.
2. Why is my Fios remote not working with my TV after a software update?
Software updates on your TV or Fios box may affect the compatibility of the remote. Try powercycling the Fios box and reprogramming the remote to see if it resolves the issue.
3. What should I do if the volume control on the remote is not working?
If the volume control on the remote is not working, try removing the batteries for a few minutes, then reinsert them. Also, ensure that the remote has a clear line of sight to the TV.
4. Can I use voice commands to control my Fios TV One?
Yes, you can use voice commands by pressing and holding the microphone button on the Fios TV Voice Remote to control your Fios TV One.
5. How far can the Fios TV Voice Remote work from the Fios TV One?
The Fios TV Voice Remote can work up to 25 feet away from the Fios TV One via a wireless Bluetooth connection.
6. What should I do if I’ve tried all troubleshooting steps and my Fios remote still doesn’t work with my TV?
If you’ve exhausted all troubleshooting steps and the remote still doesn’t work with your TV, consider contacting Verizon customer support for further assistance or requesting a replacement remote.