How To Send Money From Apple Pay To Cash App
If you use popular e-wallets like Cash App and Apple Pay, you may be wondering how to transfer money to Apple Pay from Cash App – or the other way round: how to transfer money to Cash App from Apple Pay. Unfortunately, you can’t directly link Cash App and Apple Pay – but you can transfer money between them by taking a few extra steps. This guide tells you how – plus a quick look at Wise for Apple compatible payments around the world.
Can you transfer Apple Pay money to Cash App?
You may have money in your Apple Cash if someone sent you a payment, for example. However, if you prefer to use Cash App for day to day mobile payments and transfers, it may be more convenient to move the money from Apple Pay to your Cash App wallet. Generally, you can’t send money from Apple Pay to Cash App directly. Instead, you need to complete a 2-step process to withdraw money to your bank account or debit card first, and then use Cash App’s Add Cash function to add to your Cash App balance. We’ll cover what to do next.
How do you transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
As we mentioned, you can’t usually move money directly from Apple Cash to Cash App. However- transferring between the two wallets is possible. Here’s what to do:
Step 1: Transfer funds from Apple Pay to your bank account
If you have an Apple Cash balance, the first step is to move your money from Apple Pay to your bank account¹:
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap your Apple Cash card, and then the More button
- Select Transfer to Bank
- Enter the amount to transfer and tap Next
- Select 1-3 Business Days for a fee free transfer
- Confirm with Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode
It’s also possible to move money instantly to your linked debit card if you’re in a hurry – but there’s a fee for this service.
Step 2: Move your money from your bank account to Cash App
Once the money from Apple Pay has safely landed in your bank, you can move it to Cash App²:
- Open Cash App and tap the Money tab
- Press Add Cash and confirm the amount
- Tap Add and confirm with Touch ID or your PIN
You may also be interested to know that customers with the Cash App card can add it to Apple Pay³, to spend on the move without needing to carry their physical card around.
Cash App vs Apple Pay
Cash App and Apple Pay are both super popular e wallets allowing easy person to person payments, with optional physical cards. However, they are different organizations and so not all their services overlap. Here’s a quick overview of Cash App vs Apple Pay.
Here’s what’s similar about both Apple Pay and Cash App:
- Both are free to download, with lots of transaction types also fee free – get a guide to Cash App fees here
- You can send money with Apple Pay and send money with Cash App to other users based in the US
- Both allow mobile payments via your smart device
- Both offer physical credit or debit cards you can use for payments
- Neither can be broadly used for international P2P payments (learn more about how to use Apple Pay internationally here)
Where Cash App and Apple Pay differ is:
- Apple Pay is available on Apple devices only, while Cash App is on Apple and Android
- Cash App offers broader services like crypto and investments while Apple Pay sticks with payment services
- Cash App can send to US and UK users, Apple Pay is US only
Send money internationally using Wise with low and transparent fees
You can’t usually directly link Cash App and Apple Pay to withdraw money from Apple Cash to your Cash App wallet. However, moving money between the two wallets is still possible by withdrawing first to your bank or linked debit card before moving your money to Cash App.
How do I transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App without a card?
Even if you do not have a card, you can transfer your funds from Apple Pay to Cash App using your bank account as an intermediary.
How long does it take to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
It can take up to six business days to complete a transfer between Apple Pay and Cash App when using the two apps, although it will likely be faster. You can get funds transferred from Apple Pay to your bank account instantly or within 1-3 business days, depending on the type of transfer you choose. It can take up to another three business days for the funds to reach Cash App from your bank account.
How do I get money off Apple Pay without a card?
You must have a valid debit or credit card to set up your Apple Pay account. You can also use a prepaid card if you don’t have a debit or credit card.
How do I transfer money from Apple Pay to a debit card in my Wallet instantly?
You can transfer money from Apple Pay to your bank account or debit card by choosing the Instant Transfer option in the Wallet app.
How can I get cash from Apple Pay?
To transfer funds from Apple Pay to your bank account, navigate to the Wallet app on your iPhone or Wallet & Apple Pay on your iPad and choose Transfer to Bank. Once you have specified the desired amount, you can select the transfer speed and get the funds into your bank account.